Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Well, I rarely have time to write these days. And, I obviously rarely found time to write through the end of my pregnancy. But, as part of a renewed commitment to becoming a better Christian and wife, I felt led to share more. God is glorified in our sharing His good work. "I will remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord." (Psalm 27:13) And, "He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it." (Philippians 1:6)
Gage Parker Avary was born at 11:45pm on December 8, 2009. He's 10 weeks this Tuesday. It's been a whirlwind. In the past year, I went from trying to pursue a career in Staffing, finally getting that promotion I thought I wanted to being a stay at home mommy and having the most fulfilling life. I knew a few years ago, when I decided to leave college that I really wanted to be a wife and mom, more than anything. I also knew that my love for writing could best be pursued while my babies were growing, and I was home with them.
Being a stay at home mom is crazy awesome, but it can be a challenge as well. I have to remember to keep myself connected with other people, other women especially. I have to remember not to let Gage run my life. I have to remember to be a wife to Curtis first, and take care of him as well. Curtis takes such good care of me and Gage. He works so hard. Harder than I've seen anyone work most days! But, he loves it as much as he hates it. I know he takes pride in being able to provide for us, but I know he's stressed about being the sole provider as well.
I hear the munchkin waking up from his nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment