Thursday, May 19, 2016

Peace, Pizza & Prosecco

I should totally be taking a shower and going to bed on time tonight. But, I feel like a new post was needed.

I have been doing a Bible reading plan about the fruits of the spirit. Today's reading was about Peace. I needed that. It's strange to me, though it's been a consistent occurrence for most of my life...it's strange to me every time I have an obvious word from God about something that I needed. I don't believe in coincidence or luck. I love seeing how perfectly timed God's timing is. I needed some reminding about peace and it was the Bible reading that was next for me today. 

You might know I had another blog about my attempt at Whole30. I did not successfully complete a full 30 days. I have some goals I keep putting off. I tell myself I will start after we move. And let me tell you, we will be lucky if we move with all of our things because I have packed like 4.3 boxes so far and we move in 27 days. Packing an entire house is a lot of work. I'll attempt to get some more done this weekend. I think I will pack the pots and pans first so I am off the hook for cooking the rest of the month. We can eat anything that can be baked for the remainder of our time here. :)

Since my healthy eating/working out all by myself stuff isn't starting til June, I had pizza and a glass of wine last night. Oh gosh. I rarely drink. Really. Alcohol is a depressant, and I don't like the way it makes me feel. But, I had been wanting a glass of Prosecco (read: I pretend it's champagne and I am fancy) so I bought a bottle and had one small glass and fell asleep on the couch at 10pm. Because I am such a rock star partier, you can see.

My friend Stephanie introduced me to Prosecco after Cade was born, and I have not looked back. It makes me feel fancy like I am drinking champagne. I think in order to be called champagne, it has to be from a certain place and/or made with specific grapes. Here's my official answer for pizza and wine pairing: I don't know much about wine and I will literally eat any pizza you offer me. I CAN give you actual nutrition and an exercise program that will help you though. 

That being said, I will be hosting a challenge group starting in a few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for that info and think about joining me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment