Sunday, May 8, 2016

Surrender, A Sabbatical & Saying No

I want to be able to say I'm a blogger on my Instagram profile. Like, it's probably ridiculous to write, but I do. I love the blog world and thinking maybe something I say would connect with another woman as she read it.

I thrive on connecting with people. I am a true extrovert who gets fulfillment from meeting people and talking and having "a moment" with them. Curtis and I were discussing how he loathes sharing his business with the world and I get that he doesn't have the same drive to "be an open book" like I do. Because being an open book allows me to connect with others. He's a true introvert and being around people drains him completely. And, he requires a chance to recharge before he can offer more connection. This is just one of the innumerable ways we are polar opposites. It's really nice to not have someone who is trying to hog my spotlight though. I kid.

I also want to be able to teach a billion classes a week, have a beautiful, well cleaned home (ya know, by paid help) and delicious Whole30/Paleo/Organic/Made with Love meals for my family every day. Oh, and of course run the garage door business business with Curtis. It's grown so much that I need to give a whole lot more of my energy to it.

Reality: I have been called to Surrender the things that only feed my ego, take a sabbatical from teaching/working except for less than a handful of classes a week, and say no to everything other than my family and my personal workouts.

It's been a couple of weeks of struggle, but God has certainly shown me that I need to focus on energies into just a few things and stop chasing so many rabbits. There's a Russian Proverb that says:

"If you chase two rabbits, you won't catch either of them".

Well, I think I'll keep writing when I can; after I do the things I know are my God-given, purposed priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment