Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gage: Three Months Old

Dude, you're three months old now. You've been sick this past week, and it was your first time being stuffy and congested. Guess what? You don't like not being able to breathe. I feel ya.
This month, you have rolled over from front to back, and back to front. You are trying to sit up when I lay you down to sleep, because you'd rather be awake. You laugh, you smile, you flirt. You are starting to look more like a little boy and less like a baby. You started going to Mothers Day Out, and you seem to do well. I know it's good for our relationship to have a small break from each other like that. You've started putting your heels down and pushing yourself across the floor on your back. You like to push your feet against me when I am changing your diaper.
I have felt like I've failed you a few times this month. I think the exhaustion has finally caught up with me. Your daddy has really stepped in to do more things with you, now that you're a bit more fun. Between you and me, I think he just wasn't really sure what he was suppose to do, and it took him a couple of months to get the hang of things. You never cry when he holds you. Unless you're impatient for a bottle. You are starting to fill out all the cute little boy clothes we have for you. You sat in your ExerSaucer and played for the first time this past weekend. You were hanging on, pushing the buttons and making the music play.
I know I've been tired, more tired than usual. I think it's made me grumpier sometimes, and I haven't been as patient as possible. But, you always wake up smiling and happy and you don't act like you remember when I've been less than attentive. It's so wonderful to be loved by someone that I regularly disappoint. You're quite the wonderful charmer. Mommy and Daddy love you so much. I can't wait to see all the new things you'll learn this next month. It's such a joy to watch you grow.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment